CLASSROOM POLICIES AND EXPECTATIONS – MR. EVANS
Points will come from a variety of different sources. These sources include but are not limited to: Tests (retakes), quizzes, homework, presentations, classwork, and projects.
*Every day you come to class you are to have the following:
Textbook (MUST BE COVERED), Notebook, Paper, Pen or pencil, and any other material I may have requested for that particular day.
- Show Respect.
- I will be dismissing the class, not the bell. BE ON TIME.
- No personal grooming in class (i.e. brushing, putting on make-up, perfume, etc.)
- Profanity, sexist, sexual, or racist comments are not tolerated.
- All other rules listed in the handbook apply as well (i.e. no food/drink, dress code)
- Anything considered by the teacher to be detrimental to the normal classroom environment can and will be punished!!
- Violations will lead to appropriate discipline.
- Violation of the rules can lead to a drop in the classroom grade.
I DO NOT GIVE HALL PASSES FOR ANY REASON. DON’T EVEN BOTHER ASKING!!
- 1st offense: Warning
- 2nd offense: Warning
- 3rd offense: Detention and will continue for rest of quarter
Homework Policy – ALL HOMEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED!!
- 1st offense: Warning (must still be completed and is due the next day)
- 2nd offense: Warning (must still be completed and is due the next day)
- 3rd offense: Detention (must still be completed and is due the next day) and will continue for rest of quarter
Electronic Device Policy – We sometimes will use electronic devices in class. During that time you may have a cell phone, kindle, Ipad, etc. in class to use. However, it must be used in an appropriate way that follows the school’s policy and may only be used during times permitted. All other uses will result in the device being confiscated.
Cell Phone Policy – DO NOT HAVE PHONE OUT IN CLASS AT ANY TIME!!! FAILURE TO FOLLOW WILL RESULT IN LOSS PHONE.
You will pick it up from the secretary at the end of the day. Refusal results in office visit and 2 Saturday Schools.
**Sleeping in class will result in you standing against the wall. If the problem persists, I will call home and discuss the situation with your parent(s).
**All make-up work is the STUDENTS RESPONSIBILITY. You have 7 classes a day and I have 150 students a day. You know when you have been absent and when work needs to be turned in. It is your responsibility to turn work in and to see the teacher (before class starts) to get work you didn’t receive due to an absence.
OPPORTUNITY SCHOOL – Thursday’s 2:30-4:30
It is YOUR responsibility to tell me what assignment you want to redo and what Thursday you want to redo it
- Redoing homework assignments
- Correcting quizzes/tests (only have 2 Thursday’s from date test taken)
- Earning points for unexcused absences