Mrs. Gutman's Fifth Grade
I am your child’s homeroom teacher! My name is Erin Gutman, and I am very excited about partnering with you in teaching your child this year. This is my tenth year at Miami East as a 5th grade teacher. This year will look different, due to switching class and of course due to the pandemic. Here are a “few” changes for COVID we will be putting in place to help with sanitation procedures, etc. throughout the school day, since we have multiple teachers teaching different subjects. See schedule for details. Mr. Kirby will be teaching science, Mrs. Kerr will be teaching math, I will be your child’s ELA and social studies teacher.
- Your student will report to Mr. Kirby’s room first thing in the morning with all of their stuff. NO LOCKERS in the morning. Students will report directly to Mr. Kirby’s room.
- Students will be carrying backpacks from class to class because locker times are limited. Students will be carrying all school supplies, textbooks and binders in their backpacks to and from school, even if they do not have homework. The backpack is now their traveling locker J.
- No toys/ equipment from home will be permitted to be used at recess.
To help your child stay organized and successful, I wanted to share with you some of the procedures and expectations of my classroom.
- We WILL use GOOGLE CLASSROOM throughout the whole school year. We will familiarize the students with features of this website.
- PROGRESSBOOK will be the grade book program again this year which allows students/parents to check grades online. This is the biggest form of communication between myself and parents in regards to homework assignments being turned in or MISSING, etc. You can set up Progressbook to e-mail you when an assignment is marked as missing…I highly recommend that setting!!! You can also set it up to send you an e-mail if the student receives a certain grade or below, etc. I am sure it will come in handy. IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PROGRESSBOOK ACCOUNT WE NEED TO KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! Check out the site below to double check if you have an account you can access or not. https://pa.metasolutions.net/district Choose Miami East to proceed.
- Daily, I will send homework information and announcements to you through CLASSTAG. THIS IS THE MAIN FORM OF COMMUNICATION!!! I will not check this often during the day while I am teaching, so if there is an immediate message that I need, please call Mary Ann Mumford, the school secretary. If you try to reach me after 4pm, I might have to get back with you in the morning. Your student will also have several other logins and passwords for textbooks and website access, which they will record in their planners.
I am looking forward to a great school year! Please feel free to call me at 937-335-5439 ext. 6201 or you can e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.