MIAMI EAST LOCAL SCHOOLS
Review of November 16, 2004
Regular Board Meeting
Mark Davis, board president, called the regular meeting to order at 7:04 p.m., held at Miami East High School. The country was honored by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call was taken with board members Brad Burton, Mark Davis, Rusty Miller, Harold Brumfield and Lucy Taylor in attendance.
Good News Recognition
Miami East FFA Members ï¿½ Reporting on the National Convention
ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ Senior Class Project ï¿½ New Flag Poles
ï¿½ Approval of the minutes of the regular board meeting of October 19, 2004, as presented by the treasurer.
ï¿½ Approval of the financial statements for October 2004.ï¿½ï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ ï¿½
ï¿½ Approval of Faithful Performance Bonds, in the amount of $100,000 for the Board President, Superintendent and Treasurer for 2005.ï¿½
· Approval of 2005 membership annual dues, annual “Briefcase”subscription, and annual subscription to “School Management News”.
· Approval of a lease agreement for farm land rental for 2005 season with Brian Francis, for 24 acres to be farmed at $90.00/acre.
· Approval to transfer funds from the General Fund (001) to the Bond Retirement Fund 002)in the amount of $162,571.27, in order to make the Debt Service payment due December 1, 2004.
· Discussion of Financial Status of District
· School Income Tax Revenues
· Discussion of Deferral of Bond Tax Levy
· Records Commission Meeting Schedule – December 21, 2004 at
6:30 P.M., preceding the regular board meeting.
· Set Re-organizational Meeting and Budget Hearing – Date
Proposed for January 11, 2005.
· Board Approval ro re-subscribe to “School Finance”newsletter subscribe for another year
· BOE was gieven information cocnerning the proposed ING Section 401(a), Accumulated Leave Plan, and Section 457, Deferred Compensation Plans.
· Approval of a classified sub for the 2004-05 school year as follows:
Bus Driver – Wade Westfall
Special Education Aide- Diann Rhodes
· Approval of an unpaid leave of absence (1 day) for Pat Heilman, on November 18, 2004.
· Approval of the following supplemental contracts
for the 2004-05 school year:
Asst. Wrestling Coach – Rich Randall – Step 6
Saturday School Monitor – Janet Gump
· Approval of sub teachers who have been approved by the Miami County Educational Service Center and on file in the central office. These are all on an as needed basis for the 2004-05 school year. The board-approved rate of pay has been set at $73.00 per day through 10th consecutive
day and $83.00 per day from 11th day through 60 consecutive day, then place on beginning salary schedule.
· Approval to waiver school fees for Thomas and Britny Hecker, who are court appointed in the care of David and Kathy Kirchner, and Johnny and Jordan Inman, who are in the care Patricia Cruea.
· Approval an agreement with the Casstown Fire Department to do yearly checks and maintenance to the fire hydrants on the school campus.
OTHER INFORMATIONA/DISCUSSION ITEMS:
- The Board – “Your Responsibility In Preventing Harassment”-
- Establishment of a scholarship fund from Mr. and Mrs. Thomas
H. Hartzell, with The Troy Foundation, in memory of their
daughter Suzanne Hartzell Wallace. The scholarship is in the
amount of $2,000 and will be awarded to a deserving graduate
of Miami East Local Schools. Addendum #8
- Thank You from Upper Valley JVS for the donation of a piano
to the Early Childhood Program – Addendum #9
- Thank You from Miami County Commissioner’s Office for Miami
East hosting the Homeland Security Drill on October 17, 2005 –
Local Report Card Information – Addendum #11
- The BOE was given information concerning the feasibility study for a preschool program to be started in the district. A committee is being developed and the first meeting will be on Monday, November 22 @ 5:30 in the PreK-8 building.
BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS:
- General Discussion(s)
MIAMI EAST K-8 SCHOOL
November 30, 2004