MIAMI EAST LOCAL SCHOOLS
Review of March 15, 2005
Regular Board Meeting
Mark Davis, board president, called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 p.m., held at Miami East PreK-8 School. The country was honored by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call was taken with board members Brad Burton, Mark Davis, Rusty Miller, Lucy Taylor, and Harold Brumfield in attendance.
GOOD NEWS RECOGNITION:
State Wrestling Placers & Qualifiers ï¿½ Mark Rose, Head Coach
Jake Gambill, Ryan Gambill and Brad Laughman.ï¿½ The BOE recognized the accomplishments of the High School wrestling team this past season.ï¿½ Coach Rose described the season and the State wrestling tournament experience.
A. Approval of the minutes of the February 15, 2005 regular
meeting, as presented by the treasurer. Addendum #1
B. Approval of the financial statements for February 2005.
C. Approval of the Amended Tax Rates and Amounts for 2005
(to be collected in 2006), and for Tax Year 2004 for Bond Retirement rate only, as previously approved by the Miami County
Budget Commission. Addendum #3
D. Approval of the Official Certificate of Estimated
Resources for FY’2006. Addendum #4
E. Approval of a change order to the contract with
Gateway Tank, Inc., in the amount of ($10,500), for the
water tower project. Addendum #5
F. Other Information:
- $2,000,000 Bond Anticipation Notes – Renewal
- “School Finance” Newsletter –
> >> >
A. EMPLOYMENT ITEMS:
1. Approval of acceptance of T.C. Caruso’s
letter of resignation, at the conclusion of 209
contracted days, per contract.
2. Approval of acceptance of Jackie Bolton’s
letter of resignation, at the conclusion of
contracted days, per contract.
3. Approval to re-employ Timothy Williams, as
high school principal, on a three (3) year administrator’s
contract, effective August 2005 through July 2008, on
a 260 day contract.
4. Approval to re-employ Eric Hacker, as elementary principal, on a three (3) year administrator’s contract, effective August 2005 through June 2008, on a 209 day contract.
5. Approval to re-employ Eric Putnam, as district technology supervisor, on a three (3) year supervisor’s contract, effective August 2005 through June 2008, on a 216 day contract.
6. Approval for unpaid leave of absence for Betty Kirk, bus driver, from April 7-13, 2005.
7. Approval of the following supplemental
contract for the balance of the 2004-05 school year:
Department Head – Lang. Arts – Janet Gump
National Honor Society – Melissa Beal
(Both from 3/1 until end of school year)
8. Approval of the following volunteers for
High School Softball – Duane Sark and Steve
9. Approval of the non-renewal of all fall and winter supple-
mental contracts for personnel outside the teaching staff
of Miami East, effective at the close of the 2004-05 school year season as follows:
Asst. Football Coach – Steve Kirby
Boys Varsity Asst. Basketball Coach – Barry Coomes
Boys Freshman Basketball Coach – Dean Maxson
Head Boys Soccer Coach – Manuel Perez
Head Girls Soccer Coach – Emalie Carson
Asst. Girls Soccer Coach – Jennifer Gearhardt
Asst. Wrestling Coach – Rich Randall
Head Boys Golf Coach – Calvin Smith
Head Cross Country Coach – Jim Siegel
Asst. Volleyball Coach – Kristi Cool
Asst. Girls Basketball Coach – Elizabeth Stapleton
Varsity Asst. Girls Basketball Coach – Scott Lanning
Asst. Cheerleader Advisor – Sarah Maxson
Head 8th Football Coach – David Weaver
Asst. 8th Football Coach – Dan Wiford
8th Boys Basketball Coach – Rob Maxson
7th Boys Basketball Coach – Jeffrey Mullins
7th Girls Volleyball Coach – Julie Mack
7th Girls Basketball Coach – Dean Denlinger
10. Approval of sub teachers who have been approved by the Miami County Educational Service Center and on file in the central office. These are all on an as needed basis for the 2004-05 school year. The board approved rate of pay has been set at $73.00 per day through 10th consecutive day and $83.00 per day from 11th day through 60 consecutive day, then place on beginning salary schedule.
11. Approval of Max Current’s request for an out of state professional leave request.
B. APPROVAL OF WAIVER OF SCHOOL FEES:
Approval to waiver school fees for Brantley
Longacre, who is in the custody of grandmother, Rose Rupert.
C. APPROVAL OF LANDSCAPING AND MOWING CONTRACT:
Approval of Havenar’s bid for summer mowing
and landscaping the outside grounds of Miami East High School,
Junior High, Elementary, and practice fields for the 2005
D. APPROVAL OF INTERDISTRICT OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2005-06:
Approval of the Interdistrict Open Enrollment
for the 2005-06 school year, for students who reside in school
districts that border the Miami East Local School District.
Applications will be available the months of April and May
only. Addendum #6
E. APPROVAL OF DISTRICT REQUEST FOR USE OR RENTAL OF
Approval of the revised District Request For Use
Or Rental School Facilities form. Addendum #7
> >> >
9. OTHER INFORMATIONAL/DISCUSSION ITEMS:
- The Board – “Communicating While Cutting”and “Essential
Elements Of An Effective Board Meeting”- Addendum #8
10. BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS:
- Board President, Mark Davis, requested that the BOE self-appraisal form be completed and sent to the individual board members to complete.
- Superintendent, Todd Rappold, updated the BOE on the status of our strategic planning surveys. A date in May will be chosen to begin revieiwing the information with the strategic planning committee.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING
MIAMI EAST K-8 SCHOOL
APRIL 19, 2005