MIAMI EAST LOCAL SCHOOLS
Review of August 27, 2004
Special Board Meeting
Mark Davis, board president, called the regular meeting to order at 5:00 p.m., held at Miami East High School. The country was honored by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call was taken with board members Brad Burton, Harold Brumfield, Mark Davis, Rusty Miller, and Lucy Taylor in attendance.
Approved Carmen Richters to full-time status as a
kindergarten teacher for the 2004-2005 school year only.
· Recommended and approved three Memorandum of Understandings between the Miami East Association of Support Professionals and the Miami East Board of Education, which established the process that was used to move classified staff from North, South, Intermediate, and Jr. High locations to the new Pre K- 8 building.
Approved the following reassignments of classified
employees to the new Pre K-8 building, for the 2004-2005 school year:
Bus # 2 Les Kinder
Bus # 3 Phyllis Wiford
Bus #5 Donna Deters
Bus #7 Pat Heilman
Bus # 9 Pam Shouse
Bus # 10 Tammy Hamiel
Bus #12 Kathy Knoop
Bus #13 Wanda Clark
Bus # 14 Marilyn Reynolds
Bus #15 Marsha Cremans
Bus #16 Joyce Bell
Bus # 17 Sandy Jess
Bus #20 Betty Kirk
Bus #22 Norma Karnehm
Bob Chance 8 ˝ hours
Bob Stevens 8 ˝ hours
Steve Mason 8 hours (10 ˝ month)
Ellen Granlund 5 ˝ hours (school year)
Jody Cron 6 hours
Christy Motter 6 hours
Diann Fine 6 hours
Mary Everett 6 hours
Loretta Yantis 3 ˝ hours
Glenna Williams 1 ˝ cashier
Mary Ann Mumford 7 hours
Christine Perry 7 hours
Approve Technology Facilitators
Tanya Couser 5 hours
Marisa Digel Library Aide 5 hours
Recommended and approved the elimination of the
positions for the following classified employees: Linda Deaton- Technology
Facilitator, Ronda Horton- Library Aide, and Christine Dennison- Bus Driver.
Recommended and approved Linda Deaton, Ronda Horton,
and Jill Heulskamp as special education one-on-one aides 7 hours per day for
the 2004-2005 school year.
· Recommended and approved Ellen Granlund as a 5 ˝ hour per day custodian for the 2004-2005 school year.
· Recommended the approval of the following persons for supplemental contracts effective for the 2004-2005 school year:
Academic Team Advisor- Kathleen McCrillis
Student Council Advisor- Fred Worth
Department Head (Social Studies) – Fred Worth
· Recommend approval of sub teachers who have been approved by the Miami County Educational Service Center and on file in the central office. These are all on an as needed basis for the 2004-05 school year. The board-approved rate of pay has been set at $73.00 per day through 10th consecutive day and $83.00 per day from 11th day through 60 consecutive day, then place on beginning salary schedule.
Recommend approval of classified subs, as on file in
the central office. These are all on an
as needed basis for the 2004-05 school year, at the approved board rate of pay
per sub category.
Assistant Cook: Bev Gheen and Julie Kieswetter
Custodian: David Granlund and Paul Thase
Bus Driver: Larry Wolbers
Other Informational Items
The board retreat originally scheduled for Saturday,
August 21, 2004 with Jim Trent
for Board Members, Superintendent and Treasurer has been rescheduled for Monday, September 20th from 6:00-9:00 p.m..
· Dedication Ceremony for PK-8 School:
Sunday, September 12, 2004 – 2:00–3:00 P.M. with building
Open after ceremony from 3:00-5:00 P.M.
Adjournment at 5:30 p.m.
MIAMI EAST K-8 Building
September 21, 2004