Mrs. Heather Gilliland937.335.5439 ext. 4606Miami East Junior High School
Welcome back! We are off to a great start! My class rules and expectations have been sent home, please let me know if you have questions or concerns. There are links on the left side of your screen that will provide several pieces of helpful information about science class.
Just a couple of things that will help you:
- 30 Study Island questions (per topic) will be due periodically throughout the year. Students will be given PLENTY of notice to complete the questions. Students who are in band or choir will have limited time to use the computer lab during study hall so these assignments must be completed at home.
- If students are not at school, I will assume they are sick. When students feel better, they can email me and I will share homework with them via Google Classroom.
- We are using new text books this year that allow students to write answers directly into the book. Information has been sent home with students so they can access their books ONLINE from home. Click on the link to the left for more details
- Test questions will come directly from the book, notes, homework and worksheets. Students will need to spend time studying for tests outside of chass time, during study hall and at home.
- Please consider joining my Remind group to receive information about upcoming test dates, projects, conferences, Smoky Mountains trip, after school study sessions, etc. Text @mescience8 to 81010 to join.