Mrs. Heather Gilliland937.335.5439 ext. 4606Miami East Junior High SchoolWelcome toScience
Dear Parents, Guardians & Students,
Eighth grade goes by very quickly, so here are few things to keep in mind this year:
- Students are responsible for checking their school Gmail account daily. Please adjust the notifications settings on your phone so you can receive important updates!
- Google Classroom will be used for assignments, helpful information, absent work, etc.
- 30 Study Island questions (per topic) will be due periodically throughout the year. Students will be given PLENTY of notice to complete the questions. Students who are in band or choir will have limited time to use the computer lab during study hall so these assignments must be completed at home. Those requirements are posted on the Study Island link and on Google Classroom.
- If students are not at school, I will assume they are sick. Students MUST email me to request assignments if they are feeling well enough to start working on them.
- We are using text books that allow students to write answers directly in the book. Students can access their books ONLINE from home. Click on the link to the left for more details. This is a great option in case the book is needed for homework, but is accidentally left at school.
- Test questions will come directly from the book, notes, homework and worksheets. Students will need to spend time studying for tests outside of class time, during study hall and at home. Test Prep papers will be completed to help students review and study for tests. Need extra help? There is plenty of time to study with me during intervention, study hall, lunch, recess and even after school! Make an effort!!!
- VIKING LEARING CENTER is a great option for kids who need extra support. It’s available right after school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays until 4:30 in room 602. Students have access to computers so they can complete online assignments. Please email Mrs. Frock for more information.
- Please consider joining my Remind group to receive information about upcoming test dates, projects, conferences, study sessions, etc. Text @mescience8 to 81010 to join.
I look forward to working with you and your child to make this another GREAT YEAR at Miami East!!! Please email me at any time with questions or concerns.