Welcome to Mrs. Hollatz' Website!
Honors English 12, CC+ English 12,
English 11, CC+ English 11
Honors English 11, & Film Study
**Every class has its own Google
Classroom page, where students will
find current class documents, links, and
937-335-7070 Ext. 3105
High School Room 105Education:Undergraduate: Wittenberg University in Springfield, OhioEnglish Major & Education MinorHonors DegreeSumma Cum LaudeGraduate: Miami University in Oxford, OhioMaster of Arts in Teaching English4.0 GPAFun Facts about me:
What students can expect from me:
- I am an identical twin.
- I have known I wanted to be a teacher since I was five.
- My favorite fiction books are The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
My favorite nonfiction books are Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
- One of my favorite indulgences is an extra hot latte.
- I almost always feel cold.
An important note to students...
- I will treat you with respect and compassion.
- I will be attentive to fairness and show a strong desire for it in my classroom.
- I will try to get to know you as a person beyond the classroom.
- Your assignments will have an explicitly stated purpose. I will not give you “busywork” that does not contribute to your learning of the concepts in this class. When I do assign worksheets and vocabulary lessons, they will have a purpose.
- I will provide rubrics for all major assignments so that you are aware of the standards by which you are being assessed. **I will encourage you to contribute to building rubrics throughout the year.
- I will communicate with you and your parents several times throughout the year.
- I will provide comprehensive assessments of your skills.
- I will be open to sharing your grade with you every Friday after class.
- I will be available to meet with you before or after school.
If for some reason, you think that I have failed to live up to these expectations, please talk to me directly about your concern. I would much rather talk to you as soon as an issue arises than to have you sit and stew in my classroom, or develop a negative attitude over a predicament of which I am unaware. This also applies to any grading questions you may have. If you feel I have made a mistake, or you do not understand comments, points, or an overall grade, please talk to me. I am glad to address your concerns and will either give you an explanation for my reasoning, or recognize that I have indeed made a mistake and make adjustments accordingly. No one of us is perfect and we all make mistakes. I will be open with you; please be open with me.Please read the syllabus!Each syllabus includes:**Course Description**Expectations**Contact Information**Content Standards**Mrs. Hollatz' One Rule**Grade Distribution Summary**Thematic Unit Titles**Late Work Policy**Notes on: Academic Honesty, Time Management, Assignments, & AbsenceMrs. Hollatz' Favorite Authors:•Sylvia Plath•Jane Austen•Anne Lamott•Emily Dickinson•Edgar Allan Poe•Ralph Waldo Emerson•Emily Brontë•F. Scott Fitzgerald•J.K. Rowling•David Sedaris